Truthseeker accounts: Richie Allen show

Windows on the world at Old Bailey

          At the Old Bailey today, the trial began of Thomas Mair. I was present together with L.N. and here is our report.

He is accused of four crimes:

       1. Murdering the MP Jo Cox on 16.6.16

       2 Carrying a gun.

       3 Causing grevious bodily harm to Mr Kenny Bernard.

       4. Carrying a dagger.

 He is pleading ‘Not guilty.’ The trial is expected to last two to three weeks.

The jury were sworn in, and warned not to chat with any outsiders about the case or to visit any websites on the matter. It would be a crime for them to do so.

The Cox family were present: the husband Brendan, two sisters, mother and father.

The Prosecution had a lot of CCTV. The Court was shown some which the public (in the balcony) could hardly see, of a man running across a market square, presumed to be Mr Mair.

Two hats – for a Murder

They claimed to have film of Mair wearing two hats, a black one under a white one. The CCTV showed him ‘walking up to W.H. Smith’ wearing a dark cap, covered by a white one. After the event, as he ran away, through some woods, he threw away his bloodstained jacket. Then later he threw away his white hat, around the back of a wine-bar.

The images at the killing-site by the library had shown a man with a white baseball cap. Then when Mr Mair was caught by the police a mile away, he had a black cap on.

The white hat thrown away was found to have his DNA on, also the DNA of Jo Cox.

        As a story, I’d say this is not very good. It may strain readers’ credulity.

Thus the Court explained why Mair had two different colored hats in the photos.

His jacket was also found to have Jo Cox’s DNA on, it was her blood. The jacket was first described as grey, then brown. As Mair came out of his house, he was not wearing it, but had  it draped over his arm, to conceal his gun.Thomas-Mair

He emerged from his house that morning at A neighbor saw him walk past. He returned, then left again at 11.30 am., with his jacket, two hats, dagger and home-made gun.

              Figure: Mair wearing white hat

Some people on a bus saw him, in the market. CCTV shows him waiting around the library for Jo Cox to arrive.

          While hearing all this, the guy ‘Thomas Mair’ seemed quite calm and detached. 

A silver Astra drew up, by the town library where Ms Cox’s surgery was going to be, and three people emerged. A video shows a man running towards the car, which is presumed to be Mr Mair. She emerged from the car at 12.50 and he attacked her at 12.52.

From a nearby café Bernard Kenny emerged to help, but got stabbed in the liver.Then Ms cox got stabbed 15 times and shot four times: twice in the head at short-range, but NB the attacker missed, and the shots just grazed her skull. Her heart, lung, liver, stomach, back and side were all stabbed.

An assistant in the library (where Ms Cox was due to give her surgery that day) phoned 999 to tell them that she is watching a man stabbing Ms Cox, and then he fired two shots at her. That assistant then went outside and hit Mr Mair with her handbag. While attacking Ms Cox he was shouting ‘Britain first!’ ‘This is for Britain!’ ‘Britain will always come first!’ then as he shot Ms Cox he shouted ‘We British are independent!’

A taxi driver stopped and called out ‘Leave her alone!’ Mr Mair as he was swinging his knife warned this taxi driver that the same thing might happen  to him unless he went away.

         Let’s count the number of people around this scene: two from her car, two from the nearby cafe (only one here mentioned), a Librarian and a taxi-driver. That’s six people – they could not stop Mr Mair – a rather small, thin chap – and they just let him walk away!

When arrested Mair had his shopping bag with the bloody dagger and gun and was wearing a bloodstained black cap: but not his jacket or white cap. When arrested in White Horse Close, he allegedly cried out ‘It’s me!’ and ‘I’m a political activist!’ The police then searched his house (NB police are not supposed to enter the house of a suspect, with no witnesses) and found white supremacist pamphlets and literature, and Jo Cox material on his computer.

It is alleged that for years Mr Mair belonged to white supremacist organizations. (NB, ‘Britain First’ has denied he was ever associated with them)

A ‘consultant’ emerged and pronounced Ms Cox to be dead. Her body was taken to Leeds Infirmary and there was a post-mortem performed that day. (The ‘Metro’ published a different account the next day 15th, that ”emergency service workers operated on Mrs cox’s damaged heart and lungs on the street but could not save her”)

The Prosecution explained that only computer-generated images of the Ms Cox body would be shown to the jury, to avoid upsetting them unduly with pictures of the real thing. This could suggest that, there is no body.

The Court claimed to have CCTV from the day before, of Mair entering the library – the same one to which Ms Cox had her surgery (Witness: Beverley Fletcher), and to have a record of his library card used for logging in. On the library computer he then looked at Jo Cox info, at how many shots it takes to kill someone, and the murder of British MP Ian Gow some years ago. This shows, the Court was told, that the murder was premeditated.

After the murder, Mair walked or ran through Union Street, John Jamieson’s Close, John Nelson Place (by the wood / park), Rysedale Avenue, then White Horse Close where he was arrested.


Comments on First Day:

   There is testimony that no-one shouted ‘Britain first!’ or whatever –


‘The message in the landerette’s window says: “Please note, I did not tackle the gunman. And no one shouted Britain First at any time.” LBC’s reporter in Birstall Bethan Davies spoke to Ahmed Tahir, the owner, who insisted he has not spoken to anyone who heard that phrase. And Mr Tahir admitted he was worried for his safety after reports named him for making to original claim.’ But NB another witness avers he did hear those words.

Second Day 15th: A strike at Belmarsh Prison meant that the prisoner was not present at the trial, so it was cancelled.

Second day of Trial, 16th November PC Nichols testified as to his arrest of ‘Thomas Mair’ (I put the name in inverted commas as I’m not sure who it was) at 1.35 pm on 16 July. Two unarmed police were driving their car by Leeds Road – White Horse Close, where they had been told the suspect might be. They saw him wearing a black baseball cap, a dark jacket and carrying a black holdall bag. They shouted out out to him, from about 20 yards away, to drop his bag and put his hands up. He did not run, but turned to them and did as he was told. They say he called out ‘It’s me!’ but the defence lawyer did not accept this. They ran towards him, grabbed him and threw him to the ground, cutting his forehead open so he started bleeding profusely, and handcuffed him.

One officer put his hand in T.M.’s trouser pocket and found a plastic bag with bullets (about 8 or so, still ‘live’). He said to them, ‘I have a knife in my pocket.’ The PC looked in his pocket but did not find one (the Defence lawyer denied his client had said any such thing). His shoes had ‘steel toecaps.’ He had no coat, jacket or plastic bag. Emptying his pockets, coins fell onto the pavement.  His mobile phone also somehow fell onto the ground, so did keys. He told them a gun was in the bag (His defence lawyer denies he said that). The PC Nichols went over to his bag and found it. (The defence lawyer might have been intimating that PC Nichols had put it there, it was hard to tell). He shouted out ‘I’m a political activist’ (his defence lawyer denied this, saying there was ‘not a word said by the defendent.’)

No witness was asked whether the guy sitting in the dock was the T.M. whom they remembered. The guy in the dock kept his eyes down, showed no interest in anything, just wrote notes & looked very bored. No-one asked any witness whether a tattoo on T.M.’s arm was present or not – his most distinctive feature. ‘T.M.’ was helped into an ambulance, which he needed thanks to their smashing his forehead on the ground, and taken to Leeds General Infirmary.

PC Wright who assisted in this arrest insisted he did not touch the firearm in the bag, but just felt it was there. He tried to claim he had put on a pair of gloves before doing this, but his testimony here became very confused when the defence lawyer grilled him over when exactly he had put them on. No knife was found in TM’s pocket or anywhere else.

A ‘Senior Crime Scene investigator’ arrived on the scene at 14.50. As he could not be present at the trial, his testimony was read out, together with videos shown. He saw the black baseball cap on the ground, plus a knife-sheath and a dagger. In addition, there was a long, gold-type object, which when unscrewed contained a knife (we were shown pictures). He found a black wallet on the ground with cards & cash, we were shown the name of Thomas Mair on his library card. A Tesco’s carrier bag was there, containing (surprise) a pro-Brexit leaflet. We were shown two sets of keys also on the pavement, next to the coins.   The Investigator took 118 photographs. The gun was partially visible peeping out of the bag.    


 PC Marsden  a firearms officer arrived after the arrest at 16.40, wearing a total forensic suit which was uncomfortable. He removed the contents of the bag. This included a carrier bag with wet, fresh blood, a bag of ‘live bullets’ in one pocket, and some sort of rifle with front sawn off, and butt sawn off, so it was quite short and truncated. Some days later, the white cap and dark jacket belonging to T.M. were found in or near the woods at John Nelson close.

At a quarter to ten on the morning of the 16th, neighbor of T.M. Julia Nelson who knew him well was on the 229 bus. She saw him walking along, with an orange-coloured carrier bag ‘not completely empty’ and his little goatee beard, grey in color.  He always wore a baseball cap, the usual light-color. She was not present so her testimony was read out. So, this guy has a beard. He then went home and came out again for his last time. We were shown CCTV of him pottering around WH Smith’s for ten minutes. Lots of other CCTV was shown, in none of which I could recognize him, but someone with a white cap was bobbing around.  Other visitors I spoke to (tho you’re not supposed to) did not see anything much in these videos.

Fuzilla  Aswat worked for Jo Cox. Cox was due for a surgery 1-2 pm at the local library. F.A. drove the silver Vauxhall Astra, and parked ‘just down the hill’ from the library on that side of the road. Jo Cox sat in the back and Sandra in front, three of them. F.A. got out on the road side, the other two on the pavement side. J.C. was suddenly attacked and F.A. (strangely) shouted out ‘Jo you need to go!’ – to get away from the attacker. The fellow was 5’ 10” high, in his late 50s, with white silvery hair over his head and ears, wore a dark baseball cap and had a blue rucksack.

J.C. fell onto the pavement and F.A. stood over her. T.M. brandished a knife to make F.A. get back and then continued his attack . J.C. rolled over into the road in between two cars.  A man (Bernard Kenny) crossed the road to be able to help. Right at end of his attack T.M. shouted ‘Britain first!’ then went off down the hill. F.A. held J.C. in her arms, while it took 3-4 minutes for the police/ambulances to arrive. They gave her oxygen. 

Sandra Major who had been in the car described how the attacker first raised his arm and shot JC in the head, causing her to fall backwards onto the ground, blood pouring out. He held a shopping bag in his left hand, gun in his right. He then got a black knife out of his bag and started stabbing her, as she rolled over into the road. J.C. cried out, ‘Get away you two’ as the fellow came back and continued the assault. He had a black or blue baseball cap, and was wearing a shirt and tie.

We have been told that Mair fired dum-dum bullets, is this still a part of the story? These are especially lethal and explode upon impact. But, the very antique-looking gun we are shown allegedly used just took round bullets.

Bernard Carter Kenny was born 22.6.38, same birthday as J.C.. While at a sandwich shop across the road, his wife Doreen had crossed over to the library. He saw J.C. emerge from back door of her car. The attacker kicked her and attacked her with a dagger having a 9-inch blade. He attempted to grab the fellow from the back but he turned and stabbed him, he staggered back across the road and collapsed.

The assailant had a grey beard. We don’t often hear of grey-bearded murderers. Two witnesses have described this on the one day. NO PICTURES OF THOMAS MAIR AT THAT TIME SHOWED A BEARD (THO HE DOES HAVE ONE NOW, AT HIS TRIAL).

I did not read the BBC account of the day before writing this – it’s quite anodyne and fatuous. Regrettably, readers can hardly verify the present account, as transcript of such trials is prohibitively expensive.

3rd day of trial (morning) 17th November

We get a whole string of witnesses testifying to Jo Cox getting out of a car, being shot & stabbed in between two cars, so she falls onto the pavement then rolls into gutter of road, by  guy who then shouted ‘Britain First!’

Let us recall the BBC news report hours after the event which announced, ‘ ‘She only managed to walk a few yards from the library where (1 min) she was holding surgery meeting, speaking to her constituents before she as shot…. Minutes before the attack she was in her local library’. Still-from-CCTV-footage-supposedly-of-Thoams-Mair

The story now at this trial is totally incompatible with the initial BBC report. Had she fallen in the road, with killer standing over her, everyone would have seen it and no-one could forget it.

Reports are of a bearded fellow wearing a dark cap: ‘He had a beard, grey and black,’ with ‘grey or black coloured baseball cap’ – Raschid Hussein, a taxi driver.

David Honeybell was in the library, saw stabbing with dagger 8″ long.

Stephen Connolly in library saw ‘He shot her in the head.’ Being shot in the head at point-blank range with a sawn-off rifle gun did not stop Jo Cox on the ground from coming out with some moving last messages.

I don’t reckon the guy in this new picture unduly resembles the original Thomas Mair photo that all the world was shown earlier this year. At last we understand why we were only allowed to see one single pic of Mair, clean-shaven and with white hat. We get why the guy in the courtroom has a beard, because most of the witnesses describe a guy with a bear

So there are basically three different versions of the killer (unless you wish to accept what we were told on the first day, that the killer wore two baseball caps, a white one on top of a black one, and the white one fell off as he ran away…) Firstly, the guy shown in the original picture. Then the guy in this picture. here – the guy on the CCTV, with a white hat. Thirdly, the guy most witnesses are describing, with black or dark blue hat and a beard.


Here is the dagger which seems consistently described by various witnesses, 9″ long.  Then, here is the ‘gold dagger’ found on the pavement (!! – see day 2) after Mair was arrested, and not apparently used. So this is a ‘two-dagger’ st0ry.

Philosophical comment: often, with state-fabricated terror stories, those who plant the ‘theatre props’ are not too bothered as to what the story is going to be, because it will not be their business to tell it.

2ndDagger Daft dialogue:

The scene as we’re given it on Day 3 had five people gathered around Mair and Jo Cox, as he was killing her: two people who came out of the library, two who came out from the car with her, and the guy from over the road, Bernard Kenny, a 77-year old who got stabbed in the chest. While dying, after having been shot in the head twice, Ms Cox says, “Get away, get away you two! Let him hurt me – don’t let him hurt you”. I confirm that these words more or less were reported to the trial. Before that, her assistant Fuzilla Aswat shouted at Mair, ‘Get away from her, she’s got two little children.’ None of this sounds very credible.

After all that, Mair just strolled off down the hill.

No blood

All initial reports after 16.6.16 showed no blood on the pavement, or gutter (side of road) by the library. There would have to be pints of her blood there if this trial’s story is correct.

Hearsay Evidence

we heard testimony read out from Bernard Kenny read out. As his identity is very confusing and duplicitous – that is a key word for this Trial, everything seems to go double, black hat / white hat etc. There were two Bernard Kenny’s with wife Doreen living nearby. So we have to be suspicious of his testimony being read out – I don’t recall him being sworn in as a court should demand.

Likewise for the police who claimed to collect all Mair’s belongings keys etc after he was arrested, how come their testimony (on Day 1) could be just read out to the court in absentia?

Headless man enters library, shock

CCTV TM trial Library entrance CAR

This is meant to be TM visiting the library the day before. A headless spook –  what an excellent metaphor for his rather flexible identity. Otherwise its a nice, clear CCTV camera, wonder what happened to it the next day? The silver car is probably not the Astra – compare this image the next day, after the event:


day 4: Today 18th Forensic reports told of DNA analysed from blood samples. They did of course take samples from Mair’s flat and ascertain whether or not it matched up with the suspect. That would at least show that Thomas Mair had been arrested.

The gun had various bloodstains, which all matched T.M. from DNA analysis. A spot of blood on the barrel had Jo Cox’s DNA. This topic went on at great length, but the trouble was, there were far too many blood samples matching Mair’s DNA. Remember he only starts to bleed when the two police arresting him hurl him onto the pavement. Inside his holdall bag, were too many blood samples – eg a Tesco’s carrier bag, with blood of both of them on its outside. Why did his mobile phone have bloodstains on its back and side? Also there was a  brown glove in the bag, with Jo Cox’s blood on the outside. Far too many samples of blood were ‘found’ inside his carrier bag – which he had no time or need to open and close, and which was on his back when he assaulted Ms Cox, if he did.

No Blood on Gun

   Here are two pictures of the weird-looking gun, rather 18th-century. One has got a load of tape wrapped around its handle the other has not. Neither shows any trace of Thomas Mair’s blood, which we heard was all over it.  The Jury should demand to have the alleged murder-weapons put on a table in the courtroom, as they should be, not just be given video images. They should ask, who removed the tape and why?Gun1.Gun2

No Trace of blood

Specks of blood were said to have been fond on the bottom of the slope leading up to the library, then later on between the two cars. She was said to have crawled along on the ground that distance leaving a ‘trail of heavy spots of blood.’ Looking at the above picture, that is quite a distance. Also finger marks in blood were shown on the side of the red Ford vehicle, in front of the Astra. T.M.’s jacket, (which was rescued from the garden of 9, John Nelson Close) had a hand-print of Ms Cox’s blood on its back. Here are some pictures of the pavement just outside the Birstall library. Even next to the black, brand-new high-heeled shoes on the pavement we see no spots of blood.

NoBlood1 NoBlood2 NoBlood2

On the wall of the library are the words, ‘Library Advice Services’ Click this picture to see its full detail.



The No-Body Murder Trial, continued

       There were no photos of a dead body after the event, no blood visible on ground (or anywhere else), no photos of the body to be shown to the jury … No wonder no-one is sure where the incident is supposed t0 have happened. Let’s go back to the local newspaper reporting on the day after the event:

Yorkshire Evening Post, Friday June 17th

*  She was attacked ‘As she walked away from her fortnightly constituency surgery in Birdsall … walking down the steps shortly after midday.’ (see above photos for steps in front of library)

*  ‘overhead, two helicopters circled, preparing to airlift Mrs Cox to Leeds General Infirmary where an  armed guard was waiting.’

*  She was declared ‘dead at 1.48 pm … by a doctor working with paramedics on the ground.’

But on the other hand, the Huddersfield Examiner of that same day, Jun 17, says JC ‘died in hospital less than an hour after being shot and stabbed’ and ‘At 1.48pm she was pronounced dead by a doctor working with a paramedical crew that was attending to her serious injuries.’

        I believe (please correct me if I’m wrong) that all three of these have vanished from the Crown’s story at this court. The airlift has gone totally, and instead we have BBC black helicopters hovering above the library!


         Hmm, I don’t remember BBC black helicopters before ….

Her body was lying on the ground for 56 minutes, from 12.52 to 1.48 – not a single photograph, no blood appears anywhere….

Day 5: Yes, here it comes, it was inevitable: loads of ‘neo-Nazi’ gear found in his home.  This is why police officers should not be allowed to search a suspect’s home (with no-one else living there) by themselves – they can plant any evidence they want. “Officers found an SS officer’s book on race theory and mate selection, along with other white supremacist texts, when they raided the home of Thomas Mair after his arrest, the jury heard.” Funny how none of that came out in the original story – which was just that Mair subscribed to a South African white advocacy magazine for one year, and he missed some copies because he didn’t give them his new address when he moved. He had a brother of mixed race whom he loved.

Last day of trial – NO DEFENCE!

       Tuesday 22nd: This whole trial has revolved around the Prosecution lawyer Richard Whittam. The Defence lawyer has been quiet as a mouse, indeed I’m not clear why he bothered to turn up, except to echo the sentiments of Whittam in his ultra-brief summing-up speech. The dead-bored fellow siting in the glass cage every day, supposedly Thomas Mair, said precisely one word thoughout the case: when asked on day one of he was Thomas Mair he said (not on oath) ‘Yes.’

I was reminded of the Adibelajo trial I briefly attended at the Old Bailey some years ago, the Drummer Lee Rigby case: once the media have utterly demonized the fiendish wicked killer, a defence lawyer cannot really function, or has no function. In this case, the apparatus of state power had agreed how virtuous and saintly Jo Cox was, and how unimaginably wicked Thomas Mair was.

It would have been easy to take apart the case for the prosecution, however that would involve accusing elements of the British state – in a failed attempt to block the Brexit vote.

Again it reminded me of the witch-trials of a few centuries ago, where any judge defending the accused too well would themselves be likely to be accused, of being in league with the devil. Thus it might have ended the career of the Defence lawyer, if he were to have actually defended his client. Had not his client already been judged and sentenced, by the media? Was he not a ‘Nazi’??? Surely his guilt was obvious? (I’m writing this before the Jury’s verdict has emerged)

Coffee Shop right next to the library, which seems to be newly-built – would you really plot a murder in broad daylight in-between a public library and a coffee shop?

coffee shop