by Andrew S. MacGregor

It is a privilege to post this article by Andrew MacGregor, a retired Australian policeman, on this site.

7/7 Bombers displayed ‘tradecraft’
Detective Sergeant Mark Stuart of the Metropolitan Police telecommunications section, according to the report in ‘The Telegraph’, stated that ‘the four bombers displayed “tradecraft” in their use of mobile phones.’ He defined this as “taking care of your communications, buying pre-paid unregistered phones, changing them regularly to avoid detection”.

Referring to the operational phones, Det Sgt Mark Stuart said: “Apart from calls to each other, the only other calls made were to car hire companies, including the car company that was eventually used for the Nissan Micra left at Luton railway station on the 7th.”

Well, there goes the ‘Tradecraft’ theory.  If these four supposed ‘co-conspirators’ had actual ‘Tradecraft’ ability, they would not have used any mobile phones to contact the car hire companies as these calls are traceable.  They would have also ditched any mobile phone that they had made contact with each other prior to the 7th July 2005.  The fact that they had made these calls made them identifiable, and that is not ‘Tradecraft’, thank you.

Rightio, for a start let’s see how Det Sgt Mark Stuart was able to establish who had what phones and what calls were connected to whom?  To do this, I’ll have to reorganise the various sentences within this report by ‘The Telegraph’:

A police expert said the four suicide attackers employed ‘tradecraft’ counter-surveillance techniques to ensure their communications were not intercepted.  They each bought “operational” phones, which they kept separate from their personal mobiles and used solely for planning the July 7 2005 London bombings, the hearing was told.  From May 2005 until the attacks, bombers Mohammed Sidique Khan, 30, Shehzad Tanweer, 22, and Hasib Hussain, 18 used four different operational phones and Jermaine Lindsay, 19 used three.

The last sentence wasn’t exactly clear but I believe it means that each of the four supposed ‘co-conspirators’ had their own mobiles for personal use and others for ‘operational use’ that is for planning and initiating the London bombings:

  • Mohammed Khan had 4 operational mobile phones.
  • Shehzad Tanweer had 4 operational mobile phones.
  • Hasib Hussain had 4 operational mobile phones, and
  • Jermaine Lindsay had 3 operational mobile phones.

If this was the case, then what happened to the mobile phones that each of these four ‘co-conspirators’ were not carrying on the day – and thus should have been untraceable?  There should be 11 mobile phones there, not counting the phones that had already been discarded, and if the police found these mobile phones within the environment of the four suspects, then that is not ‘tradecraft’.

Again if any calls to car hire companies were made on these mobile phones, then again that is not ‘Tradecraft’, but damming evidence.

If any calls were made on these phones for fertiliser or any other ingredients that make up fertiliser bombs, then that is not ‘Tradecraft’, but damming evidence.

Khan on July 5th

The inquests have heard that the terrorists might have originally planned to carry out the bombings 24 hours earlier, when the capital was due to learn whether or not it had won the 2012 Olympic Games.

Plot ringleader Khan visited Dewsbury Hospital in West Yorkshire with his wife Hasina Patel, on July 5 because of complications with her pregnancy.  Khan apparently postponed the planned attacks in a text message to Lindsay at 4.35am on July 6 which read: “Havin major problem cant make time will ring ya when I got it sorted wait at home.

Lindsay replied at 4.41am:  “No bullshit doctor!  Fix it!”

So on the 5th July, Mohammed Khan drives his wife to hospital because of pregnancy complications.  Some hours later at 4.35am, on the 6th July, Mohammed Khan texts Jermaine Lindsay to say he has a major problem and he cannot make the time.  Mohammed Khan says he will ring when he has sorted it out.

Now this is a most important message if the actual attack is to take place this morning, so why text a message?  Jermaine Lindsay could have slept through the lot of it, or missed it completely.

But look at Jermaine Lindsay’s reply!  “No Bullshit doctor!  Fix it!”  What does this mean?  Mohammed Khan hasn’t mentioned the hospital, his wife or anything.  All he has said was ‘Major Problem”.  There is no mention of a doctor, and as for fixing the problem, Khan has already stated that he’s sorting it out.

Don’t assume anything that is not in the text! The police have assumed for some unknown reason that this must be for a trip to London on that particular day.

But again, let’s look at the time table.  Mohammed Khan has been to the Dewsbury Hospital with his pregnant wife on the 5th July 2005.  At 4.35am on the 6th July he texts Jermaine Lindsay to say, hang on it’s off!

From say 4.35am, Mohammed Khan would have to drive to his ‘bomb making factory’ and pick up the four bombs.  He has to pick up the other two members of the team, Shehzad Tanweer and Hasid Hussain, and then drive to Luton Station two hours away, in a manner that would not alert police to his presence, and he has to arrive at Luton safely at whatever time.

He also has to be awake and cheery eyed.  Mohammed Khan couldn’t make it.  If this story was factual, then Mohammed Khan would have rung or text Jermaine Lindsay no later than 12.30am, and with earlier warning calls that things had gone wrong from the time he took his wife to hospital.  Further more he would be required to inform the other members of his team.  This story was invented by an idiot!

Hasina Patel last sees her husband

Is there any corroborating evidence for these text messages?  What does Hasina Patel tell Julie Etchingham about this event in her interview that was aired on the 27th July 2007 on Sky News:

HASINA PATEL:    “I saw him on the Tuesday.  I was bleeding, I phoned the hospital and they said it could be a miscarriage or something so we went down to the hospital together on Tuesday.  They said it was a threatened miscarriage but because my first pregnancy had gone well everything would be okay but he did seem really worried and anxious so I thought obviously it was because I might be having a miscarriage.  He did seem really worried and seemed relieved when they said it was only threatened, it wasn’t definite and they would book me back in two weeks for a scan.  I was really worried, I kept saying I can’t believe this happening, nothing like this happened before and he said no, it will be alright, he did look worried still.

He dropped me off at home and that was the last time I saw him.”

Julie Etchingham:    So you had just got back from the hospital and then he went.

Hasina Patel:    Yes, he said he was going out to see his friends.

Julie Etchingham:    What was it like went he left?  How did he say goodbye to you?

Hasina Patel:    Just a normal goodbye, I’ll see you later, I’ll be back in a few hours kind of thing.

Julie Etchingham:    That was it, you didn’t see him again?

Hasina Patel:    I didn’t see him after that, no.

Oh dear!  Det Sgt Mark Stuart tells us two things.  They are two completely different facts.  The first fact was that Mohammed Khan was with his wife at the Dewsbury Hospital.  The second fact was that Mohammed Khan texted Jermaine Lindsay at 4.35am the next morning.  There is a lot of water between these two facts.

Let’s get a bit closer to the actual truth:

Cancellation of Khan’s July 7th visit to London

On the 5th July 2005, Mohammed Khan takes his pregnant wife to the Dewsbury Hospital in West Yorkshire.  She is bleeding and there is obviously something wrong.

At Dewsbury Hospital, doctors examine Hasina Patel and say that there is a ‘threatened miscarriage’. Mohammed Khan is extremely concerned about his wife and the baby.  The doctor sends Hasina Patel home, after booking her in for a scan on Thursday the 7th of July, and thus Mohammed Khan makes the decision that he cannot go to London on the 7th.  He must be with his wife.

Hasina Patel does not tell the time these events occurred, but she does tell us that after dropping her at home, Mohammed Khan says he is going to see his friends, so we can deduce that the hour isn’t too late as Hasina Patel says that Mohammed Khan says; “I’ll be back in a few hours” kind of thing.

So Mohammed Khan disappears on the 5th July 2005, only to be next seen on a slab in the mortuary on the 7th July 2005.

In his text message to Jermaine Lindsay, Mohammed Khan has promised to ring Lindsay when he has sorted some of his problems out.  Why is there no evidence of this very important phone call?

It was at Dewsbury Hospital that Mohammed Khan decided that he must stay with his wife and help her, and so after dropping his wife off at home, he goes to see his friends to say that he is no longer available for the ‘operation’ on the 7th of July because of the current situation, after all it is only a ‘drill’ and it can go on without him.

The Two drive South from Leeds

The driver of the Nissan Micra was Shehzad Tanweer – who had rented the vehicle. So after dropping off Hasina Patel the next time the Nissan Micra sedan is seen is on the morning of the 7th July at Woodall at 4.55 am by the manager of the Woodall Gas Station on the M1, Paul Walker, who sees two people with this vehicle, the driver, Shehzad Tanweer and a front seat passenger, Hasib Hussain.  Paul Walker’s statement (Oct 13th pm 55:5-6) is corroborated by the Gas Stations CCTV.

For the rest of the ‘co-conspirators’, that is Jermaine Lindsay, Shehzad Tanweer, and Hasib Hussain, Mohammed Khan is now out of the picture as he is looking after his wife.

The last piece of communication from Mohammed Khan was as per the Det Sgt Mark Stuart at 0435 hours on the 6th July 2005, when he was pulling out of the team.  There were no further communications from Mohammed Khan, as per Det Sgt Mark Stuart, but there should have been and they would be required to have been presented to the Inquests.

We can now understand why there have never been actual CCTV footage of all four ‘co-conspirators’ together on the 7th July 2005, and why there have only been photographs, because photographs have been known to have been interfered with. Any witness that saw the Nissan Micra sedan would only have seen two persons within that vehicle. What has happened to Mohammed Khan?

We know that Mohammed Khan was to visit his friend’s, his wife Hasina Patel tells us that. We know he was to be gone for only a couple of hours.  Again Hasina Patel tells us that.  We know that Mohammed Khan has told Shehzad Tanweer, because Tanweer was driving the Nissan Micra when Khan and Hasina Patel visited the Dewsbury Hospital.

We would imagine that Khan would also have spoken to Hasib Hussain, but we have no proof of that, and we know that at 4.35am on the 6th July, Khan texted Jermaine Lindsay, or do we?

So why didn’t Mohammed Khan return home to his wife on the early morning of the 6th July 2005 as he had said to her?

On the morning of July 7, Khan, Tanweer, and Hussain drove from their bomb factory in Leeds to Luton railway station, where they met up with Lindsay and caught a train to London.  Within three minutes of 8.50am, Tanweer detonated his bomb at Aldgate, Khan set his device off at Edgware Road and Lindsay blew himself up between King’s Cross and Russell Square.  Hussain detonated his device on board the number 30 bus at Tavistock Square nearly an hour later.

Except that Mohammed Khan had pulled out of the team because of his wife.

So what else did Det Sgt Mark Stuart state?

The Text-messages analysed

Detective Sergeant Mark Stuart, a Metropolitan Police expert in tele-communications data, told the hearing that mobiles belonging to Khan, Hussain and Lindsay were recovered from the bomb sites.  Police were able to recover data from Lindsay’s phone, including the sim card number and text messages.

Please note, the police were only able to recover data, and although that would give times of phone calls, they would not be able to confirm what was said.

If Jermaine Lindsay’s sim card was not damaged, then there would have been recorded the sim cards phone number.  There would also be the data of which communications service provided that sim card, and police would have been able then to trace every call made to or from Lindsay’s mobile phone, and please remember that this was only an ‘operational phone’ so there would be no private calls on this mobile, so we are told.

However, look at the text message received by this phone at 0435 hours on the 6th July and the reply to that message sent at 0441 hours on the 6th July 2005 again and consider what Det Sgt Mark Stuart is telling us.

Khan sent a text message to Lindsay at 4.35am on July 6 which read: “Havin major problem cant make time will ring ya when I got it sorted wait at home.”

Lindsay replied at 4.41am:  “No bullshit doctor!  Fix it!”

Now Det Sgt Stuart describes these two messages as ‘tradecraft.

A police expert said the four suicide attackers employed ‘tradecraft’ counter-surveillance techniques to ensure their communications were not intercepted.  They each bought “operational” phones, which they kept separate from their personal mobiles and used solely for planning the July 7 2005 London bombings, the hearing was told.

Why does Det Sgt Stuart believe this is ‘tradecraft’?

Detective Sergeant Mark Stuart, a Metropolitan Police expert in tele-communications data, told the hearing that mobiles belonging to Khan, Hussain and Lindsay were recovered from the bomb sites.  Police were able to recover data from Lindsay’s phone, including the sim card number and text messages.

In other words, from the mobile phone police ‘recovered’ from Jermaine Lindsay’s body, police telephone communication data experts were only able to obtain the above two text messages, one received and an answer to that text received, but nothing else.  In this instance, I must concur with Det Sgt Mark Stuart.  This is ‘Tradecraft’.

What D/S M. Stuart has is a text message sent from Mohammed Khan’s mobile phone to another phone completely unused prior to this call, and a reply from this previously unused mobile phone back to Mohammed Khan’s mobile phone.

What else can we determine from this piece of ‘tradecraft’?  Well the first thing is that these two messages were to be read.  If it was tradecraft and was to be kept secret, then this communication would have been by voice, not text.  You see telephone conversations are not kept on mobile phones, only text messages. That can only mean that these messages were to be read as per the tradecraft theory.

So, if these messages were to be read, what was the reason behind sending these text messages?  In ‘tradecraft’ the idea is to leave ‘clues’ behind to point people into taking a certain path, to follow a certain logic, the wrong logic.  The required logic that we have here is the normal one that a person would accept immediately, that is:

1.    That Mohammed Khan has sent Jermaine Lindsay a text message.

2.    For Mohammed Khan to send this text message, he must be alive.

3.    That Jermaine Lindsay received this text message.

4.    That Jermaine Lindsay replied to this text message.

So, let’s have a look at the message supposedly sent by Mohammed Khan more closely:

“Havin major problem cant make time will ring ya when I got it sorted wait at home.”

This text has four components:

1.    “Havin major problem

2.    “cant make time.”

3.    “will ring ya when I got it sorted.”

4.    “wait at home.”

The only problem is number 3.  That component never apparently occurred.

So what did Jermaine Lindsay reply?

“No bullshit doctor!  Fix it!”

This text has three components:

1.    “No bullshit

2.    “doctor!

3.    “Fix it!”

The 1st component says nothing in reality.  The 3rd component is an order that doesn’t make sense because the original text states that the problem is being sorted.  It’s the 2nd component that tells us everything.

The text from Mohammed Khan’s mobile says he has a ‘Major problem’.  The major problem has not been disclosed, but yet the Jermaine Lindsay text says ‘doctor’!

In other words, the supposedly uninformed ‘Jermaine Lindsay’ is very well informed.  The person who replied to the initial text knows too much!

Now, look at the time these text messages were sent.  The initial text message originating from Mohammed Khan’s mobile phone was sent at 0435 hours on Wednesday morning, the 6th July 2005 to a never before used mobile phone.  One could only believe that at that time Jermaine Lindsay would have been in bed asleep.

If Jermaine Lindsay was expected to be in bed asleep, then just how did he locate this never before used mobile phone that was ringing and reply to that text at 0441 hours on Wednesday the 6th of July 2005?

This is why Det Sgt Mark Stuart believes that whoever used these two mobile phones was using ‘tradecraft’.

So, just how did this ‘tradecraft’ come about?  Well obviously somebody has sat in a room and using Mohammed Khan’s mobile phone, sent a text message at 0435 hours on the Wednesday morning to another completely unused mobile phone within the same room.  That person has then answered the text message received on the previously unused mobile phone and shortly after the bombing, deposited that mobile phone on or near Jermaine Lindsay’s body for the police to find, and that is what ‘tradecraft’ is all about.

Mohammed Khan and his ‘co-conspirators’ had been hired to take part in a drill by Visor Consultants.  They had no idea that they were being set up to be ‘suicide-bombers’.  When Mohammed Khan informed his ‘minder’ that he was pulling out because of his wife’s condition, Mohammed Khan sealed his own death warrant. Suicide bombers never survive, even if they change their minds.

The two text messages between Mohammed Khan’s mobile phone and the mobile phone found on or near Jermaine Lindsay’s body on the 7th July 2005 demonstrates all the aspects of ‘tradecraft’ that D/S Mark Stuart talks about, and tells us that Mohammed Khan was dead by 0435 hours on Wednesday the 6th July, 2005.

We now have only one more piece of information to consider:

The inquests also heard that Scotland Yard made nearly 4,500 requests to phone companies for information as part of the massive investigation into the July 7 attacks.”

Hasib Hussain at King’s Cross

We now have to consider the previous evidence in regard to the calls made by Hasib Hussain outside King’s Cross Station between 8.58am and 9.19am on the 7th July 2005.  We were told that these were two calls to each of his three ‘co-conspirators’.  We are now told that these three ‘co-conspirators’ died at 8.47am, and their mobile phones were destroyed, and thus would not have received the calls from Hasib Hussain, and this includes the calls made to Jermaine Lindsay.  Jermaine Lindsay’s mobile phone would not have received those two phone calls, nor would the communications company have received those calls as all mobile phone communications in London were blocked from 9.00am

That also means that Hasib Hussain’s mobile phone company would not have received those calls, and couldn’t record that data.  What the Inquests have been told by Det Sgt Mark Stuart is non-factual.

And now for the nail in the coffin.

The keepers of the information in regard to telecommunications are not the Metropolitan police but rather the communications company that holds those records.

If the telecommunications company that provided the service to Hasib Hussain’s mobile telephone doesn’t provide the evidence of the calls made by Hasib Hussain, then there is no proof whatsoever that these mobile phone calls were ever made and the police have told lies.

Now have a guess as to why Hasib Hussain was never shown in any CCTV footage using his mobile phone outside King’s Cross Railway Station!

As for all the extra mobile phones the ‘co-conspirators’ possessed?  Prove it!


The first three explosions within the rail system on the 7th July 2005 that went off simultaneously at 8.49am, were initially put down as being ‘power surges’, and it was not until the bomb on the Route 30 bus detonated in Tavistock Square, that it was realised that London had suffered a ‘terrorist attack’.

But two other people made comments that demonstrated an actual knowledge of this terrorist attack prior to the event.  The first person was the Israeli Finance Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who stated that he was warned prior to the attacks by Scotland Yard, a claim Scotland Yard vigorously denied, and then Netanyahu compiled his error by stating that he was only warned after the first explosions, but again that was not the case as the explosions were initially put down as caused by power surges, not bombs.  Benjamin Netanyahu had prior knowledge of the London Bombing.

The second person who had prior knowledge of the London bombing was the former Head of Mossad, Efraim Halevi who wrote an article in the Jerusalem Post on the 7th July 2005 in regard to this ‘terrorist attack’.(it went up onto the Jerusalme Post website at 4pm, = 2pm London time) The first paragraph in this article stated:

The multiple, simultaneous explosions that took place yesterday on the London transportation system were the work of perpetrators who had an operational capacity of considerable scope. They have come a long way since the two attacks of the year 1998 against the American embassies in Nairobi and Dar-Es-Salaam, and the aircraft actions of September 11, 2001.

In other words, Efraim Halevi was insinuating that the London bombings were the work of Al Qaeda, which has now been totally refuted.  So, just how did Benjamin Netanyahu and Efraim Halevi know just exactly what were the plans of Mohammed Khan and company?

Who was the go-between who connected Mohammed Khan with Efraim Halevi and Benjamin Netanyahu?

Andrew MacGregor

What would have been this ‘go-between’s’ reactions when Mohammed Khan informed him on the 5th of July that he was no longer available for the 7th of July because of his wife’s threatened miscarriage?